Monday, November 24, 2008

Training to Work on a Short Week

I am heading to work on Monday morning of the Thanksgiving holiday week. I think that I need this holiday and extended time away from work more now than any time previous. A little get-away time would be just what the doctor would order.

There is a lot swirling in my mind now but too much to share in these short posts to my blog, especially while finger-tapping from my iPhone.

I did run across a very new iPhone application called Ocarina that turns the phone into a musical instrument. You blow into the microphone port and press buttons on the touch screen and you get a pretty good facsimile of the real ocarina.

A very near aspect is that the developer has included a way to use the GPS to allow others to hear players from around the world. A globe shows on the screen with music streaming up from featured players. Truly a very cool use of technology.

I imagine it is only a short time until other wind instruments make an appearance as iPhone apps. Can't wait for that flugelhorn that I have always wanted!

Enjoy the day.,,

No comments: