Sunday, August 05, 2007

Diving into SharePoint

I've begun a dive into MS SharePoint as a team collaboration tool and with the idea of creating a departmental intranet. I had a little exposure to SharePoint capabilities as a workspace tool for MS Project Server but have since gone more deeply into SharePoint directly by creating a peer collaboration site called "a Community of ____ ____ Leaders," and am now creating a vision for a department intranet.

Exploration into the capabilities of SharePoint have led me to amazement at what they are calling MOSS, Microsoft Office SharePoint Services, which includes most of what I would look for in a modern collaborative tool. There may be drawbacks associated with the strong MicroSoft orientation to this but for my business and for my money, ease in feature integration is what will allow this to get off the ground.

As I said before, I have only begun my dive into SharePoint so if anyone has ideas, suggestions, advice or warnings, please post them to this blog series. As usual I will update you on how things are going. Enjoy!

No comments: