Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Questions

Looking at the news this morning the questions come to my mind: When will it end? But probably more important where will it end?

So many questions and so much fear. How could the US economy lose 2 trillion dollars and where did it go?

I am starting to understand why Princeton Physics graduates were required to figure out Wall Street, they were the only ones smart enough to understand this. Where do you go after you understand the Standard Model? You go on to the really tough challenge of modern financial industry.

Either know one knows where this is going or those who might venture a guess are afraid to tell, probably for fear of making it happen. Afterall, isn't this all just a confidence game?

I am kind of glad I have not continuted supplemental to my 403B account. Wouldn't I have lost my money in addition to what my employer contributed? But maybe that is the wrong way to look at things. Maybe that is the same way that contributed to the mess?

I feel a root cause is living beyond your means but also not saving for this very rainy day. But then, it seems that those folks lost most who saved the most.

Back to the question, how will it end?

No comments: