Friday, December 05, 2008

Wiki Workshop

I led a Wiki Workshop yesterday to prepare for movement forward into the social technology arena for a significant unit at CU. I followed the POST method described in the book "Groundswell, Winning in a World Transformed by Social Technologies" and the method seemed to be well received.

The POST method has you focus on People, Objectives, Strategy, and then Technology rather than leading with Texhnplogy aspects. There was still a tendency to want to focus on the technology but I led the group with determination to stay pure to the process.

I also used my favorite group facilitization tool, MindManager, but this time used MindManager version 8 and also used Connect for ease in access. These are great tools and are overtaking other personal productivity tools in the toolkit.

This workshop was the first session but I think we got off to a good start using the new methods and tools. I will chronicle more as this moves forward.

No comments: