Thursday, August 06, 2009

Good Book

In my opinion, ''Beach Music' by Pat Conroy is what literature is all about. In fact, my assessment is that is both good fiction and good lterature. Well, maybe simply good writing since I am not that qualified to tell what is good literature.

I find myself living the story in the mind and experiences of the main character, Jack McCall. While it is easy for me through the author's talent to slip into the experience, it also provides a new perspective and new thoughts that enhance my own being.

That's my testimony for now as I am about half-way through my re-read. Time very well spent, even if it is only in Book 1.0 version and not Kindle. I just received notice that Conroy's newest book, "South of Broad" is ready for me to download to Kindle from pre-order. I can't wait but will complete Beach Music first.

My advice, read this book with care.

No comments: