Monday, August 10, 2009

My e-Life - a Chronicle of Evolution

I have written in the past about a project that I called "My e-Life" which is an effort to get together all the technologies, tools, machines, and information sources representing work and life of a modern executive.

Today, with the acquisition and set-up of a cornerstone component of My e-Life, I will chronicle the journey forward to become more effective and efficient. I suppose also a goal to live a richer, fuller life should also be stared up-front. Enhancement of capabilities and increase in quality of life, two lofty goals I say.

To chronicle this transition I will provide some before and after bench-marking and comparison as well as where alternatives exist and pros and cons. Ultimately I will have a road map for transition from a life s it is now to an evolved e-Life but that won't be free, I'm telling you that now.

The first installment will be about one of the cornerstone devices, a HP Mini, or net-book computer. That chronicle episode will be written and posted within the next several days as I take delivery and start using it. Future episodes will present other necessary devices and software and tools that I am weaving together for My e-Life. Feel free to join in.

No comments: