Monday, July 30, 2007

New Crepe Place on Amsterdam and 114th Street

I found a new lunch place on Amsterdam around 114th street. I didn't catch the name of it but they specialize in crepes (both sweet and savory) pastries, and gelati. The crepe shown in the photo is made with smoked turkey and cheddar cheese and comes with the salad. The crepe was quite good and this presents an alternative to the pita sandwich or wrap that has become too familiar. The crepe wrapping was very light and fluffy and was definitely not too much bread.

The place uses the crepe cookers which are the convex heating elements and they used the authentic spreader/flipper. Well, authentic from my perspective in that they did not use an omelet pan and spatula.

I recommend the crepes and may have to try the sweet ones for breakfast. Next time I will take a photo of the exterior with the name and also the menu board. It still feels funny to aim my cell phone camera at things and snap pictures. It reminds me of the tricorder in the old Star Trek series. I'll try to get beyond that since it provides a good method of capturing these important daily images.

No comments: