Saturday, March 08, 2008

Nolan Ryan Plaque from MBL Hall of Fame

This is the plaque for Nolan Ryan in the Major League Baseball Hall of Fame. Linda and I went there for my birthday in 2007 and of course I had to search out the items for my favorite baseball player.

One interesting aspect is the photo of past and future stars which had Roger Clemens in the foreground and Nolan Ryan in the background. I wonder now if the Rocket will make it into the Hall.

I hope they take his record into account prior to "alleged" steroid and HGH use. One could argue that he shouldn't get into the Hall at all as penalty for the charges against him but it seems that rampant performance enhancing drug use was part of the history of the 80's and 90's. Keeping Roger out might send the message to others but I am sure there will be some inductees that did the same thing.

Nolan is untainted as far as I know so here is my tribute to the "Ryan Express."

No comments: