Thursday, January 25, 2007

Mindful Musings - Strategic Plan for Life

The topic of my executive coaching session tonight was strategic plan for my career. I had to admit that I didn't have any idea as how to do strategic planning where my career is concerned. I truly wonder if it is the strategic planning part that seems difficult or the feeling that any plan I make will be thwarted by a cruel fate?

I do think I need to put some effort into strategic planning for my career so that I have something to be working toward. It may be nice to go sailing on a favorable wind but who knows where that will take me?

Maybe I can work out some of the details of the strategic planning method "Swim Lanes to the Future" by modeling my career goals as the strategic plan. That would achieve two important things although something a little simpler to plan than my career goals might be adviseable.

For more information about "Swim Lanes to the Future" send an inquiry. That's all for now.

No comments: