Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tales from the Train - Jan 22

Tales from the train - January 22nd, 2007

I am sitting on the 6:03 train getting ready to leave Penn Station in New York. The train has just begun rolling, the conductor has just come by to look at my ticket, and I have just finished reading my current book, 'Endymion' by Dan Simmons. Next will be 'the Rise of Endymion' which complete the four part 'Hyperion' work. Good and creative stuff!

I realize I owe the readers of this blog more information about the train fatality yesterday. It turned out that someone had committed suicide by stepping out into the tracks in front of my train. I did hear the body move under the train and that is a very grisly thought. The NJ Transit dispatched another train and we were on our way within an hour of the accident. The photos from the blog earlier are from my cell phone camera.

How to make this blog useful to the people I would like to reach for Home Field Advantage? Well, I guess I am starting with keeping myself interested and then may reach out to others as collaborators. Co-creators. Co-inventors. Participants in creating something that has yet to exist.

When the train hit that poor person I was working in the HFA Basecamp site as well as was listening to a Podcast called "the Accidental Creative." I found this on iTunes as one of the offerings of free podcasts. All about how to be a better creative talent of whatever artistic endeavor.

Home Field Advantage is starting to take shape with an initial set of product ideas as well as with plans for the formation of a company. Home Field Advantage, LLC is about to be born. Pretty exciting stuff.

Of course it would be exciting to get that first check for something produced and bought. Entrepreneurship can be lots of fun. I just hope it is not a distraction or substitute for something important or meaningful.

Well, I will close this installment of 'Tales' to rest my mind a bit and to let it float into the air. There is always too much to do or to even think about so no sense in trying to get it all done or thought today.

The final line in my recent book seems appropriate... 'I wish you sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing.'

No comments: