Sunday, January 28, 2007

Purpose of HFA Blog

I have been thinking about what visitors to this site might wonder about the purpose of these postings. It is fairly personal, at least for now but the title is for a "budding new company." Truth is, there is quite a bit of both. This is a launch, not quite a company launch or a product launch, but an idea launch.

The idea? The creation of an interactive on-line community of peers. That is where the Home Field Advantage name comes from. At least the 'advantage' part. Much of this is headed toward my long range vision that I call "the competitive advantage" but I don't want to give too much of that away yet. I would rather picque the interest of creative collaborators or angel investors wanting to be part of crafting the future.

Idealistic you say? Yes, and ambitious. My goal, to be successful. Of course that is very broad, purposefully so.

As to the HFA Blogsite. This is what I plan to do. I have sevefral recurring themse of entries as you might be able to see. 'Tales from the Train'are thoughts and sharing while I am riding to and from NYC on my daily commute. These may be exercises in creative writing, observational entries, or business topics. I write these on my Blackberry and submit to the blog via email. At least they are extemporaneous.

Next comes 'Mindful Musings' which are directed to specific topics. The intention of this theme is to muse about things within the profession of manager, leader, and entrepenneur. Sometimes philosophical topics intrude but maybe that is OK.

The other recurring themes include 'Photos of Life', pictures captured from my cell phone and transmitted as close to real time as possible via photo transmission method. Also there are 'Creative Images' and 'Quotes of the Day'.

What about input from viewers? Sure! All I ask is that you not be rude nor crude. People are certainly entitled to their opinions and the free exercise of speech. I will exercise my right to determine what remains on this site for me and my friends to view. Please pass this site by if your contribution to the world is vandalism.

My idea is that this an online community will form and we can then decide to take this private or by invitation. Please provide your ideas within the context of what HomeFieldAdvantage is all about.

Drop me an email if you visit the site and may return someday. Enjoy the day...

No comments: