Thursday, September 27, 2007

Moonset over Train Station

There is an advantage about getting up early. To be exact, waking up and misreading the clock and thinking it is 6:00 AM when it is actually 5:00 AM. Are you still wondering about the advantage? The view.

This photo is of the full moon setting into the west as viewed from the northbound platform at the Hamilton Train Station. The southbound (Trenton) platform is in view and you can see the crossover that I troupe over each day on my way home. Also in view are the electrical wires that power the NJT trains.

This scene was very reminiscent of what I used to see each morning before getting a monthly parking permit for the parking garage. I had to arrive at the station by 5:50 AM each morning in order to get a daily parking space. The good thing about that is I was walking across Columbia University quad by 7:30 AM every morning. I don't even need to mention the bad part.

Truly, whenever I get up and the sun is half-way up in the eastern sky I feel I have lost a good portion of a day. Not to mention that the early bird gets the worm. Enjoy!

No comments: