Monday, October 09, 2006

Indian Summer Monday

Hello, all. Training to central New Jersey to coach a baseball game. The weather over the past several days has been fabulous, albeit a little on the warm side for October in the mid-atlantic states.

Speaking of states, I am in a state of depression over the recent Yankees early exit from the playoffs. Detroit was a fine and hungry team but they shouldn't have been able to match against the Yankees to better them three games in a row. I love the team and the players but I think it is time for an overhaul. Particularly in the pitching. There should be no reason for a reliever to come in fresh and not get batters out. No reason at all.

I am fine keeping the position players as I think they are the best in baseball. You have to do better than give up 5 runs per game in order to win the championship, no matter what league.

Anyhow, tonight is a fall ball game for the 13-15 year-olds. My group is pretty challenged with most of the hitting coming from numbers 2-5 in the line-up. They are a good group, though, and are on that learning curve for entering high school.

No comments: