Monday, October 02, 2006

Tales from the Train - October 2nd

I am writing this from the train bound from NYC to Princeton Junction, NJ, which is the inward bound leg of my daily commute. Not a bad commute in some terms. A little long when measured by two hours door to door. I have been doing the commute for a little less than a year and have learned to make the most of it.

I can certainly say that it allows me to read books more quickly than I otherwise would and so has changed my reading list.I recently completed Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand and that is one I couldn't have attempted if I wasn't locked in this rolling box for two hours a day. Even so the 1100 pages took the better part of two weeks to finish.I have also read most of the top-selling business books. I may even start checking out library books with the thought I can actually finish them. Not such a bad thing this commute.

So this segment was called "Tales from the Train" and so should include a tale. Well, I am suffering a little mind fatigue so don't have anything jumping forward at the moment. I'll have to ponder the creation of a serialized story worthy of being posted on my blog while also being able to be created in 30 minute writing moments.For now, I will close to rest my mind and do that other thing that me and my fellow commuters do -- nap.

Night one, night all...

No comments: