Saturday, March 03, 2007

The Guru is coming to New York

News alert, news alert -- Marcus Buckingham (photo left, yeah, don't I wish it were me?) the guru of great managing, great leading, and sustained individual success is coming to New York on Monday, March 5, kicking off a nationwide tour associated with the release of his new book.

If you are interested, and in my opinion you should be if you are striving for success in the three areas indicated above, check out the tour schedule and advertisement at http://www.buckinghamlive.com/.

I'll be at the New York City debut on Monday. If you wonder why you should be there, ask the question via comment or email me directly. I've already bought my copy of his new book through my Amazon link on the blog-site. You can acquire it anyway you want, but if you use this link I get a meager cut. Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com need not make all the money, right?

In a similar vein, take a look at the evolution of MB's work with Donald Clifton reprised by the Gallup organization and Tom Rath at the Strengths 2.0 website. My personality strengths for the first survey were Ideation, Strategic, Futuristic, Achiever, and Maximizer (I am Maximus!) I would be interested to hear about others.

I believe MB will be a rock-star in the future for helping people to be great (i.e. successful, happy, make a difference). If you can't see him in person, purchase the audio-book of 'The One Thing You Need to Know.' It may be the one thing to change your life. Either that or you can aspire to be the "man or woman of the match." The answer to that is contained within.

No comments: