Tuesday, March 06, 2007

More Coffee Shoppes -- Hamilton Deli

This is the Hamilton Deli near the corner of Amsterdam and 116th in New York City. It is a little beyond the normal distance one might venture for coffee if you are based out of Princeton, NJ, but I frequent this place as they have the best cup of $1.25 coffee I know. They don't sport a tip jar, either, so no supplemental fee.

They also make a mean fish sandwich called, 'Jaws' and have the best $10 salad you can get anywhere. I don't know how the price goes up so high from the base $2.50 lettuce price, maybe it's all the items I add that drive the price. We don't even want to psychoanalyze me through my salad fixings. I can tell you it changes dramatically from one salad to the next.

This may not qualify as a true coffee shoppe as there is no inside seating. It is basically a get-and-go place, but as you can see from the green awning, they offer free delivery. I will let the judges determine if this qualifies for the coffee survey. The exterior photo is of poor quality as it was about 0 degrees F this morning but this stalwart journalist had to get the story. The photo to the right is a sample of the dirty blond color I consider perfect. Of course an insulated mug is a necessity and this one is a favorite. Enjoy!

No comments: